Rudy Morais is a Men’s Physique athlete from IFBB, based in Portugal. You can follow his fitness updates on Instagram, where he has over 30,000 followers.
1. What are the reasons you’re taking supplements ?
First of all supplements are a very important ‘weapon’ for our sport. They are a big help and a fast way to ‘fuel’ our body after a workout. That’s the main reason I take supplements. It’s an extra help.
2. What current supplements are you taking ?
- Omega 3
- Vitamins C, D
- Complex B
- Liv 52
3. What’s the the most recent supplement you’ve recently added? Why? Have you noticed a difference since you added it?
Well, at the moment I don’t have any new supplement I’ve recently added to my list. I will add a new one when I’m 10 days out from my Competition — currently 17 to go at the moment.
The supplement is called ‘L2 Extreme’, is a natural diuretic that helps to remove subcutaneous water from our body; it’s a very powerful supplement. I’ve used it on my last competition and I had great results: a leaner body and more definition.
4. Are there any supplements that you used to take but you stopped? Why did you remove it? Did you notice any improvement after removing it?
Well, normally I use different supplements in my routine because I have an off season and a pre-contest period. In my first off season, I’ve added Creatine Monohidrate on and off season, and when I pre-workout on the beginning of my pre-contest. After some weeks, I’ve removed the pre-workout because there are some components that I can’t use with the contest. Pre-workouts gives an extra energy and that’s the only thing I’ve noticed when I stopped it, less energy.
5. What’s the most unexpected or surprising or least common supplement you’re currently taking? Why are you taking this one?
Well, normally I always use the same supplements and I don’t add any extra supplement to my routine. I use the basics only, all other ‘fuel’ I get is from a restricted diet.
I want to say thank you to Suppstacked who contacted me for an interview about supplements.